Sunday 7 July 2013

When Happiness Gets Cookie-fied

WITHOUT, the night was cold and the silence all pervading.The wind was higher than ever and there I stood, all alone. I had to be cautious, all my senses alert...waiting silently for The Delivery.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Well, to be honest I might have exaggerated a little. It was about 9:30 p.m, the weather was stinking hot.. no breeze, (NONE at all) and the group waiting with us(mum&me), created a fair amount of ruckus.

Sweetish House Mafia is a cookie delivery service run by an anonymous lady (she sends her driver with the cookies in an adorable blue Nano). She posts the time & location of the cookie deliveries on facebook and twitter and a few days back she happened to be in my area. =D


Zat's the one! 


I reached the WTC corner around 45 mins before the delivery
Now, I live in one of THE poshest localities of the country so the crowd waiting with me was very interesting, a real treat to the eyes ;)
Anyway, so as time elapsed, the crowd swelled up -the pretty lady in Loui Vuitton, a small time TV actor, a couple whose sugar coated conversations could be used to bake the cookies in question.

We waited and waited AND waited till finally an update came, "pushing the delivery by 10 minutes".....errr...okay, not cool.....by this time my momma was quite irritated by the whole waiting on the road thing, so I conveniently forgot to give her this news, now that's presence of mind! ;)
Nevertheless, after a few fights over the parking space reserved for the Blue Nano, the car arrived and was greeted by the most sophisticated "yay!"(s) ever imaginable!

There they sat, all dolled up!

Me mom realized that we were about to lose our advantage of coming early and she shoveled me to the front of the line. Oh! Wisdom of the old !
The craze for these cookies is so amazingly high that the SHM has introduced a rule bound to baffle any economist:
Each person was limited to buying only two packets!
Ofcourse if any were left over after the line was exhausted then you could have some more.

A fight over the position in line ensued with an amazon woman shouting "I've been waiting for the past 15 minutes" to which the crowd responded hilariously:
"A fight over cookies? I love my India!"
"Arre, give the lady a cookie, par ek hi dena!"
"Err..I've been waiting for the past hour" said my meeky voice (her dimensions scared me.)
Anyway, after the long wait and the drama, I FINALLY got 8 Dark Truffle Nutella Cookies.
 Nah, I really was ecstatic. I love drama! :P
Five minutes later, I felt I deserved an award for stopping myself from gobbling them en route. And boy! those cookies were an award indeed!
+1 for the silver ribbon!
Aesthetically, they aren't the prettiest cookies I've seen but they were just the right amount of sweet, filled with chocolate and completed with a bottle of happiness!
Don't miss out on these, like seriously, DON'T! ~YourEternallyGratefulTastebuds

No comments:

Post a Comment